Sunday, December 10, 2006

Steek-along signups!

Today's the day, gang! I'll be listing all our steek-alongers in the sidebar as they sign up, and dropping this link to a couple message boards, in invitation. (I don't know if I want a lot of signups or not. haha)

For those just wandering in, we're going to be knitting a stranded-color jacket, steeked up the front to be a cardigan:



Swatch knitting is from now until January second. On Janurary second, we'll cast on and begin knitting.

Anyone needing gory details can click away:
Skills needed.
Yarn requirements and closeups of the jacket.
Steeking how-to.
Stranded color how-to.

I'm following up this post with another one on how I did my gauge swatch, if you want to do it my way. You're welcome to skip that bit and do it your own way, I just thought I'd include the info in case anyone was interested.


E-mail me, or leave a comment to sign up.


And buttons! These are linked to an archive page at Samurai Patterns, where I'll be listing links to every how-to and direction on knitting this jacket, so that anyone not knitting along with us now, can go back and do it later. (This is my first-ever attempt at creating buttons, so, they kind of suck. You're welcome to make your own with a photo of your gauge swatch.)

But you're welcome to link the buttons to anything you want.









Hope to see you!

18 comments:

Bells said...

I'm in!

Of course I haven't ordered the wool yet because I'm still deliberating over colours. But I hope to order it tomorrow!

Now if I can just figure out this button issue, I'll be set. I've tried it before and I sucked at it.

Sheepish Annie said...

I think your buttons came out great!! I believe I'll make a better cheerleader than participant in this Along, but I'll be watching with great interest.

Bells said...

hey Julie, the button links aren't working....

Julie said...

Shit. I'll work on it. Argh.

Julie said...

Okay. They should be fixed.

Fucking Blogger.

Bells said...

still not working....

Julie said...

Hit the 'reload' button a couple times on your browser. I edited the post and often browsers get lazy and just re-load the same page instead of going and getting a new one. If that made sense.

They're working on mine.

Urgh.

Bells said...

ok. Will try!

Bells said...

they work!

Dawn said...

I would love to sign up for the steek-along. I haven't bought the wool yet;still thinking I have time.

Bells said...

OK, I've had some time on my hands at work this morning and have found some good links for the provisional cast on stuff.

If anyone is looking for a good video demonstration, this one looks great.

http://www.knittingatknoon.com/provisional.html

Now I get it. Such a simple idea. It helps to see something in action before it makes any real sense, sometimes.

Anonymous said...

*sigh* This looks like so much fun, and a great way to introduce myself, but with finishing up my last Christmas knitting and my original pink ribbon design afghan for my coworker who is starting chemo January 5 and then other projects I'm already committed to.. Eh heh. it's doubtful there will be time to breathe until the end of July.

Maybe we can have a second one. A "whoops, I missed the first one but I really want to play/I enjoyed the first one so much let's do it again" Steek-along.

Minnesota Mazzio's said...

I want to sign up... Thanks


Casey

Anonymous said...

Me, me, me!

I've bought the wool, ordered the needles, counted the wool, ordered more wool, and am hopeful of finishing presents by next weekend so that I can do and wash the swatch...

Louiz

Rae said...

Aw, I'm gonna sit out of this one. But I'll definitely read along and enjoy in all the fun you're having.

Cindy said...

Sign me up for the Steek-a-long!

Anonymous said...

Count me in.
New to steeks.
Because I always 'bite off more than I can chew" and since Im still waiting for the yarn I purchased to do your pattern,
I thought I'd follow along, for now by doing a fair island project Ive had the yarn for for gosh 12+years and pick up on your pattern as well once my new yarn arrives.
The old yarn/pattern is Alice Starmore's "Rosemarkie" from Celtic Collection and the yarns are the original Rowan from the pattern design.
Wish me luck on keeping up with all of you considering the smaller guage on the Rosemarke and on my attempt to do the two sweaters at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Hi-
Please sign me up for the steek-along!! Just finished a cardigan with Galway wool and it turned out beautiful, if I don't say so myself.
Carolyn