Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Eeek.

The Elann yarn got here. You know, the stuff for the Geometric Star. I ripped open the box and dumped it all out on the couch.

My head swam a little bit and I swear I got dizzy. But I separated the colors into piles and put it in a more orderly pile and turned on the full-spectrum light, and, well, I think the colors work.

Even having written a couple articles on color theory and knitting, I'm amazed it looks this good. The blues on the left will be used for the stars and the backgrounds of the hexagons, and the other colors on the right will be used for the small patterns inside the hexagons.

This is going to be either the coolest project in the whole world, or an utter disaster. I can't see any middle of the road, here.

I hope I have enough yarn. (That was a joke.)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go knit like crazy on something. Anything.

7 comments:

Bells said...

So you're planning on doing the star jacket AND the steeking project? Are you planning on sleeping?

I love the colours. The look great!

April said...

WOW - that sure got there fast. Go Elann!

And I love the colors you've chosen, I wish I had that kind of eye for color. That's one heck of a lot of yarn.

Sheepish Annie said...

I have color "issues." I really need to go fairly monochromatic even with access to a color wheel and reference books. Maybe I need a full spectrum light? Or maybe I just want to shop for more toys...

Those shades are going to look amazing!

Julie said...

I intend to knit the steeked jacket pretty fast, take photos, and then give all you guys time to catch up with me. I want my version done by the end of January.

Then I'll start the Geometric Star. (I'll probably do the gauge swatch while knitting the steeked jacket, for a change of pace.)

Oh, and did I mention I'm probably going to Florida for a couple weeks, in the middle of all that?

And I've got a Knitty article due Jan 2 that needs swatches knit to go with?

Bells said...

Like I said, are you planning on sleeping in January?????

Anonymous said...

Excuse me while I catch my breath and wipe off the drool...mmmmm....yarn....

Anonymous said...

(that last post was from amy lane, whose work computer will no longer let her log into blogger, and whose home computer has been capitalized by house trolls doing homework until 10 o'clock for the last three days, effectively cutting off their mother's will to live.)