Monday, January 08, 2007

Two odd balls used up.



Brown Sheep Nature Spun sport, about a half ball each of "Antique Turquoise" and "Ash". Both were leftovers from the Starry Night Ruana Thingie. I used both strands at once, on size 10/6mm needles. At first I didn't like the fabric, but now it kind of reminds me of cloud patterns on Asian textiles. The pattern is supposed to be an aluminum can cozy from the 2007 knit pattern a day calendar, but I put a lip around the top, and it didn't felt right so it's too big, and... hell, it's a felted container. Maybe I'll try felting it again one of these days. It's too flimsy to really use right now, even to hold pencils or whatever.

In the mean time, I've got a bowl pattern and a whole pile of leftover lopi from the first steeked jacket. Hmmm.

The in-laws are due in any minute now for an overnight on their way from one spot to another; my father-in-law has video capability on his digital camera and we have high hopes of getting some video of The Baby dancing. Brace yourselves.

And how is everyone doing with their steeked jackets? Any troubles? E-mail me and let me know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a great flower pot cozy.

Bells said...

yay! Baby video. Cool. Can't wait.

Love the pot. It's cute. Clouds. yes.

Steeked jacket is on hold til my addi turbo arrives (hopefully today).

debsnm said...

I thought it looked like a flower pot, too - go get yourself a non-toxic plant and stick the pot in there!

Sheepish Annie said...

I was also thinking, "flower pot!" Thought I was so darned original...

Amy Lane said...

OKay...the steek-along is calling to me and you have to make it stop doing that! My list of UFO's is HUGE, and my list of MFUs is longer!