Tuesday, July 31, 2007

AAAAAAAHHHHH!

ATTACK OF THE ONE-ARMED SWEATER!

Jumper. Whatever.

In typical fashion, now that I've joined on the arm, I'm starting to think the body is too short. And since this is ribbing, I can't just pull out the cast-on and knit downward, I'd have to knit extra length and graft it on to the bottom. Which I've done in the past, and hated. I've got a bad feeling I'll wind up doing it again.

But for now I'm going to go work on Pinwheel. I want that stupid lace edge finished.

7 comments:

debsnm said...

Aren't sleeves supposed to be longer than the body? Unless it's a tunic-length. Looks just right to me.

Saren Johnson said...

Can't you remove the single sleeve and knit more if you wanted?

Julie said...

Oh, sure, KnitTech, come up with the obvious answer and make me feel like an idiot for not seeing it. Hahaha. Good point. I'll probably do it.

Sheepish Annie said...

This is just a thought and one that could be way off-base. But you mentioned that you've been getting back into shape and everything. I wonder if it might be worth considering a shorter sweater. I know that I had a really hard time accepting that I was able to wear more fitted or cropped things after I took off some weight. I was kind of used to knitwear that hung to my knees. It may be that this is a good length on you.

Like I said...just a thought.

Bells said...

well I was gonna say, geez that sucks but it sounds like there are solutions at hand, as it were. Looking great!

roxie said...

And I like the edge on that cuff. sort of a very subtle lettuce edge.

Have you tried it on before deciding it's too short? Just asking . . .

Denise said...

So, shortening the actual wearer's body to fit the jumper isn't an option? Major surgery, perhaps, but TOTALLY worth it ;)