Thursday, May 10, 2007

We're pooped.

The Baby and I did the knit-in at the Children's Museum this morning. We all met up in the art room, and the baby stayed with me instead of running loose in the rest of the museum. (She's a little young yet, and since I stay home with her, she's not used to the idea of going off with strangers.) She had a glorious time and got into EVERYTHING. Here, The Baby says "I don't know anything about the colors under my nails. Or the marker on my face. Or the paint on my shirt. I'm tired. Can I have a snack? Turn on the cartoons."

I took the Mystery Knit (which is getting set aside for a few days), and met some new nice folks, and had a good time. If you're in the area and haven't gone yet, you should. And do it fast - the group will be breaking for summer, so you've only got all the Thursdays left in May to come visit.

Otherwise, I've listed deadlines and projects and priorities and have decided I need to knit a doily this weekend. Not only because I need a wedding gift for the beginning of June, but because I need to finish something soon or I will lose my mind. After it's done, it's back to the Mystery Knit. Then the Steeked Jacket. (Unless someone finishes up their sleeves ahead of plan. Then I don't know what I'll do.)

No more excitement here. The Baby has a diaper on her head, the cat's sleeping on my foot stool, and I'm going to go look at lace patterns and the box of crochet cotton.

10 comments:

Bells said...

my goodness she's growing up. How adorable!

So, you're going to knit a doily this weekend, or START a doily this weekend? It sounded like you have grand plans to finish one!

I am up at 5am watching Good Morning America. It's so riveting. Not. But I am getting the steeked sleeve going now!

Julie said...

No, I plan to knit the whole thing this weekend, though I just realized there's a festival I want to go to Saturday which will, obviouisly, cut into my knitting time in a big way. So we'll see. But I want it DONE.

Should I do a post on doily knitting 101?

NeedleTart said...

Yes, please. I have to find something to do with my time....

Dana said...

I couldn't wait to see this post. Baby boo was hilarious! Oh wait, now she's got marker on her face. Now she has her hands in paint cans. Now she's eating play dough! Oh, how I wish I were 2 again. Playdough tastes of my child hood.

Interested in a knit doily. I think I could do it. I've only seen crochet patterns, and eeek. No way.

Denise said...

Poor little poppet, she looks all wored out.

Have you decided on your doily pattern yet? I've only ever crocheted the things (and rarely), never tried the knitted variety :)

Bells said...

I've been wanting to knit a doily ever since I started reading your blog. Obviously haven't got there yet. So yes, a 101 post would be very helpful!

the baby's hair is so curly! I hope it stays that way. It looks like she gets it from her dad.

Amy Lane said...

She is soooooo pretty...I really envy you your time with her--spend some for me...

Julie said...

Actually, she gets the hair entirely from me except the color. That's from her dad and his mother. My hair curled like that too, until I was seven or eight. And she's got the same cowlicks in the same places, including the one over the left eye that stands straight up.

The hubby has been heard telling her "you're having a bad hair life".

Anonymous said...

I've only been reading your blog a few months, thanks to my daughter, KittenWittaWhipp, but it's obvious, the "baby" is turning into a little kid right before our eyes. Seems like you're doing a faboo job with that little darling.

Alwen said...

Good heavens, she's starting to look like a toddler! I used to hate hearing, "You've grown so much!" when I was a kid, but they sure do grow fast, don't they?