Thursday, May 03, 2007

Damned post office.

Beginning May 14, 2007, the US Postal service is going to be hiking rates. Again.

For people shipping yarn to each other within the continetnal US, there won't be much change. For people shipping yarn to anywhere OUTSIDE the US, there will be differences, the biggest being that surface rate no longer exists; everything will go air. I've been shipping things to Europe and Canada by air already, so that shouldn't change, but air mail to Australia is extremely expensive. If I can't find a way around it, I'll have to pass on the extra cost to anyone ordering yarn from me. (And I imagine other shippers of all kinds will do the same, or just quit shipping to Australia and New Zeland.)

My advice? By anything you want, now. Not just from me, but from anyone within the US. I've got no idea how this will affect the shipping rates of other retailers, but it's likely they'll use it as a reason to up the charge.

Rae, I believe, wanted the URL to my etsy shop: it is www.samuraiknitter.etsy.com I tried to keep it simple -- I've got enough other stuff to think about.

5 comments:

Amy Lane said...

If they are going to raise our rates again, they had better get our orders straight!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on this Julie. I better quit adding to the box for my friend in Adelaide and get it to the Post Office.

Sheepish Annie said...

It's crazy, right??? I can't believe how much it is costing me to send a stupid letter. Or those bills that I can't pay online...the postage is more than the payment due!!!

But your faithful customers will stand by you!

Cam-ee said...

RUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!.........
Just ordered the fire laceweight.... Am waiting on getting paid so I can buy some sock yarn too....

We're allies dammit!!! Why does Australia get the grubby end of the stick?

Thanks for the heads up though!

Alexander said...

Please, read "An Ordinary Black Cat" (www.catyourway.com) it will be your favourite book by far and you will quote from that book in almost every conversation. You can also take part in the Contest for image makers! Read the details in my blog or in my webpage.