Monday, May 14, 2007

All over but the bindoff.


I finished it up around one o'clock today (The Baby got a late lunch), and have been wearily crocheting around the edge ever since. (If you've gotten the idea I hate crochet around here, it's true, I do. Not because of some silly philosophical questions, but because I suck at it. If you DO crochet, I don't sneer. Mostly I envy you quietly.) Anyway, I hope to have this sucker blocked by tomorrow. In an oval. Non-knitters (like the future owner) are impressed as hell by ovals. Knitters, on the other hand, go "Oh, starch."

What else is happening, you ask? (I assume you asked?)

Cinnamon twist yarn. Two skeins. I wound it up today. It tangled like a motherfucker. We won't discuss it further. (An Etsy update will be happening toward the end of the week after I wind up the blueberry ripple and the babycakes skeins.) And what shape is that yarn in? Is that a wombat?

Here, the cat says "Mmmmm, blankies."


Otherwise, I'm still brooding over how I'm going to post the Charleston photos, and I'm warming up to a major rant. Maybe I'll find the energy to do it tomorrow.

8 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Just wanted to let you know that I got the Beach yarn today and I love it! Naturally, I'm going to knit it when we go to the beach. Will send pics of sand and yarn.

Oh, and caught an episode of "Cities of the Underworld" tonight. Very cool. Thanks for the recommendation.

LauraLili said...

Cinnamon twist is lovely! And I'm with you on the crochet thing - it mystifies me too.

Bells said...

how tantalising - a rant. Looking forward to it. :-)

Cindy said...

Have you thought about putting the photos up on Flickr then creating a link?

roxie said...

Cinnamon twist. Mmmmmm. Kitty onna blankie. Mmmm. Lacey doily. Good work! (Cinnamon twist. Mmmmm!!)

debsnm said...

Had to quit crocheting - hands objected way to much to continue. I hated doilies, too much work for too little return.

Alwen said...

You so rock! And so does that doily. I have to get busy on one myself if I want to have a fair entry ready.

Amy Lane said...

The doily is awesome... sory about the crochet thing...If I told you I had to dream about it for it to make sense to me, would you feel better knowing that crochet knowledge apparently has to be shot out of the heavens like fiber lightning to make sense?