Sunday, July 09, 2006

I have returned.

From where I ended. Or re-started. Or ripped. Or something.

I knit up all the unraveled yarn again, and so I guess I'm back to where I was when I started ripping Friday afternoon. That's only two days of knitting, shot. Could be worse, I suppose. As you can see in the photo above, the sleeve is now joining the body at an anatomically correct angle (the same angle as the raglan, actually, it's just the line of decreasing that's different). Instead of running diagonally across the pattern on both body and sleeve, the decreasing is runing in a straight vertical line on the body, and I put it along one of the lines established by the pattern. Eventually the line of the decreasing will jog to the left toward the neck for a bit, and then turn into a horizontal line as one pattern reapeat is worked as a shoulder strap. I have no idea how it's going to turn out, but it already looks better than the raglan decreasing did, so I'm going to dig in and go for it. (Not that I had any other options that I was aware of, other than unraveling it back to the hems and starting over.) Those stitch holders sticking out are at the armpit. They still need grafted together.

I realized today that I've been working on this jacket for a month now. I wanted to have it done and be on to swatching for something else, so I'm pushing aside all the other projects staring at me right now, and working on this until it's done. Which I want to be by Friday.

I won't hold my breath.


Sheepish Annie said...

Given that I would have left it as is and called it "artistic" I have to admit that the sleeve does look ever so much better. Here's to the knitters that pay attention to the details! I'm gonna work on that...

TrishJ said...

This does look better! Great job, Julie.