Thursday, July 06, 2006

Almost a jacket.

I've gotten a few rows of raglan decreasing done on the brown and red jacket, and it's starting to LOOK like a jacket (always satisfying).



Not a whole lot of anything got knit yesterday. I had another stupid migraine (that's where that weird, rambling blog post came from) and tried to knit it away but I kept making mistakes so I gave up. This morning I got going early, and am thrilled to see this finally start looking like a jacket.

Now what's bothering me is the hemming. They're all undone, with provisional cast-ons in contrasting colors, looking messy and puckery and curly and awful. This is when I have always hemmed them down, while taking a break from knitting. But I want to try washing the sweater before hemming, to see if it lays flatter that way. So, no hemming yet. I must persevere. I must ignore those hideous edges. I can do it.

I'm going crazy. Ugly. Must. Hem.

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Seems to be a lot of migraines out there in the blogosphere of late. We all need more chocolate, I'm sure of it. Jacket is looking good, even in it's unhemmed state!

jeannie said...

It's soooo pretty! Maybe after my next lace project I'll start something like this.
You Rock!