Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Doldrums.

You know that stage, where you have ten million projects going (okay, maybe five), and you can't stand to look at any of them?

Yeah. That's where I'm at.

Due to hand problems from the sleeve-knitting-marathon, I've been working on the scarf for the last 24 hours or so.


We watched Ultra Violet yesterday (which should have been named Ultra Violent), and while watching the carnage I somehow managed to miss a yarnover and drop two stitches, so I spent an hour last night, tinking back five rows, stitch by stinking stitch. It's fixed now, and I swear I will never watch action movies while knitting lace, ever again (you don't really believe that, do you?) The scarf is 20 inches long, and I'm going to either 60 inches or until I run out of yarn, whichever comes first. So I'm 1/3 done. Sigh. And only three more scarves to go, after this! I will post patterns for them (such as they are - this is three repeats of feather and fan stitch, not exactly brain surgery) as I finish them. The scarf is VERY nice. It's just a pain in the butt to work.

I've almost talked myself into starting the baby hat, since it's on a deadline. Adding another project on is okay if it's on a deadline, right? (The deadline is mid-October.) Right?


A big old welcome to any new folks wandering in from Knitty. I assume you've read my article since you're here. I hope you enjoyed it. Pull up a seat, have some chocolate, and can someone help me recover the knitting needle I just dropped behind my couch?

3 comments:

Bells said...

Hey there - yes I wandered over from Knitty. Great article! I'm inspired. And you must post the scarf pattern(s)! I love the lace one!

Sheepish Annie said...

Great job on the article! And I love the scarf. Rest those hands in order that you might continue to amaze and astound! :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, from Knitty. Good job on the article. Great idea about "stealing" color groupings!

Kelly