Thursday, June 22, 2006

The pictures and stuff.

All rightie. Vacation knitting. (Please note that everything is blue, for Project Spectrum's June color, almost like I planned it or something.)

The sock. It is a practice sock and I'm still not sure I'm knitting it's mate. (Whether or not it fits will be the deciding factor. Right now it looks like I've got fifty-fifty odds of that.) Instead of the PomPom sock pattern from over at Mag Knits (which I said I was going to use), I am using the generic sock pattern from the Yarn Harlot's latest book, Knitting Rules. The PomPom sock was too minimalist for me, since I had no idea what I was doing. And I figured if anyone knows how to knit a sock, and explain it to me, it's the Yarn Harlot. And she does.


The heel flap is wonky because I wanted a solid colored heel (for some stupid reason) and joined in the solid yarn as soon as I started the heel flap because I didn't know what I was doing. And it lacks a leg because I am knitting a footie-type sport sock. Otherwise, it's knit with one of the first of the self-patterning sock yarns, name unknown, that I bought maybe five years ago, with the idea of knitting socks with it. It takes me a while to get around to this stuff. Hah.

I also knit another swirl afghan square. Even with baby care, I cranked it out in two days, so these really are NOT that hard or complicated.



As with the first one, my cast-on is tight so the edges are scallopy. (Plus it hasn't been blocked in any way.) But it's okay 'cause I'll be taking the cast-on back out again when I put them together.

In other news, the doc is calling in a perscription for the shingles (after 45 minutes on hold listening to REALLY crappy music), and since it worked the last time I had shingles, all should be well in a day or four. The baby wants constant attention like she had with grandma and grandpa and has been a monster all morning. And the toilet in the front bathroom backed up and puked icky water all over the floor.

I'm buying chocolate while my perscription is getting filled.

No comments: