Saturday, May 13, 2006

Another swirl.


The edges are curling because the cast-on is too tight, but it's going to be picked out again when I join the square to... something. To make either a pillow or a jacket, still debating. I have considered this square-based jacket idea would be good to knit in between other projects for the summer. It would keep me from getting bored with any one project. But I'm still not sure I even like the colors.

Otherwise, in my usual detail-obsessed fashion, I timed myself last night and it took about 20 minutes to pick up the stitches for a curl and about an hour to knit one, more or less. And this was while watching TV (I caught the second half of the Dr Who cliffhanger last night, there's nothing like gas-mask wearing zombies) and then reading a book, so I'm sure if you really concentrated and worked at it, it could go significantly faster. Even now that I'm working on it, I look at the pictures and diagrams and think it's going to take hours and hours and hours to work and, well, it doesn't.

I've also ordered yarn (more yarn! Whee!) for more Christmas presents: a sweater/jacket out of Icelandic lopi, and four scribble lace scarves. I wasn't kidding about having all the Christmas knitting done by the end of summer.

Time for another swirl, I think.

1 comment:

Crazy Colorado Knitter said...

I, for one, like the new doctor. :)

He's somewhat cute, arrogant, but approachable somehow.