Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sekhmet, you fucker.

Last night, I awoke at four AM. I was laying on my right side, and Sekhmet was sitting directly in my line of sight, right next to my head. Eyes bright, ears perked, whiskers on red alert. I suspect she had patted my face to wake me up. I stared at her for a moment, and shut my eyes again.

So she smacked me in the cheek.

Then I threw her off the bed.

(I would like to add, the cat's got all her claws and could have ripped my face off if she'd wanted. Near as I can tell, this is playing, to judge from the look on her face.)



Anyway, I'm tinkering with the blog, which should be pretty obvious. Knitting half a dozen gauge swatches, I hope. (I'm afraid it'll wind up being a dozen.) Am cooking up my new semi-zen project (lots of stockinette, but with some funky decreasing in certain obvious places); I'm dyeing pre-spun yarn for part of it, and spinning some self-striping yarn for the rest. Should keep me busy a while. Plus I'm dyeing silk and wool for this Knitty article. Yay?

Go, Penguins!

(Shut up, Ang. Redwings suck.)

7 comments:

Donna Lee said...

My cats tend to leave the knitting alone. Maybe they're afraid of me....or maybe they're not smart enough to realize that the yarn is soft. You sound like a whirlwind over there!

Rachel said...

Have you seen "Cat Man Do" -- ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q

We've got 4 cats; fortunately for when my mom comes over, only one of them likes to climb into her knitting bag.

Amy Lane said...

I just lost my knitting time to three kids and a cat, all of whom confused me for a barcalounger... It must be the wrinkles and gray in the hair... fuckers.

Anonymous said...

I hate the Red Wings.

Anne said...

Yes, but Ulf Samuelsson? (I know that dates me). Can I just say that I'm holding up garlic next time I come to read your blog because I have a terrible feeling I'm going to be knitting doilies before I know what hit me ....

Alwen said...

"Simon's Cat" was exactly the YouTube video I thought of when I read that!

There's also "Let Me In":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rb8aOzy9t4

Catie said...

i'm glad that was your cat and not mine...