Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Whinefest!

This post is coming to you from under the futon, where I crawl and suck my thumb when things get crazy in my life.

If you're here for knitting content, sorry, try back tomorrow. I am knitting, but it looks much like the last photo I posted. Green and white diagonal lines.

The Goober came down with Roseola at the end of last week. It was a mild case, but she still had a low fever and spent the last three days alternately sleeping, whining, and laying on me. At the moment the rash is fading and she's on the mend, and the only real symptom left is her sleeping fifteen hours a day.

As for me, I'm trying to shift from one bunch of chronic pain medication to another. Right now, I'm at the stage where I take BOTH bunches of medication, while the new one kicks in, and then I can quit the old one. So I'm nauseated and sleep almost as much as the Goober.

Then, of course, I go this afternoon for the MRI for my shoulder, which is now hurting all the time.

Good, good times. I'm going to go suck my thumb now.

3 comments:

Amy Lane said...

*whine* That's me whining for you, and saying comforting things and patting your back as you suck your thumb under the couch... Mama told you there'd be days like this, but she never told you they felt like decades, did she? Hope mom and Goober both feel better soon.

I'm scheduling my own health meltdown for next month--I will, I am sure, get similar treatment.

Nina said...

{{{HUGS}}} and PVs that you both feel better very soon. I'm sorry you are suffering--pain can really wear you out. :(

Anonymous said...

Hope you both feel better soon

Pam