Thursday, October 25, 2007

...and some knitting.

After I posted last night, I realized I haven't posted a picture of the Russian Prime sweater in at least a week, so here you go:

It's actually a little further along than that, but you get the idea. It's hovering around the armpits of the body, mostly because I haven't knit on it in two days. I've got some fun drug-related crap going on, where I alternate between migraines and nausea. Plus the Husbeast is pulling double shifts.

The Goober is in toddler heaven because I'm under the weather; she's spent the last two days watching children's television and eating bananas and peanut butter sandwiches. I alternate between feeling bad, and wishing all the kids in the world could have problems like this. As you can see, she's mentally scarred by the whole thing:

The other day I hugged her against her will. Poor, poor Goober. Life's rough.

7 comments:

Catie said...

she looks absolutely traumatized, she will likely need therapy you know... ha ha, such a happy looking goober

Donna Lee said...

At one point I made my children eat creme donuts for dinner. Actually, they asked and I said ok. I think they are emotionally damaged forever. I justified it by giving them milk to drink with the donuts.

Bells said...

god, someone call the child protection people. Do something!

Russian prime is looking great.

roxie said...

Will you adopt me?

Alwen said...

Hoh, yeah, talk about feeling like a loser mom, that would have been the summer when my husband was gone for six weeks of training/schools, I had repeating migraines, and the kid brought me his stuffed tiger and a blankie while I laid still and tried not to throw up. He was about age 4 or almost-5. Agh, I felt so bad! that my baby was taking care of me. On the other hand, what a nice kid.

Amy Lane said...

Wow...I wish all goobers could be that depressed...think of all the spare time for the mamas out there! (((hugs))) feel better, though...

Laural said...

Traumatizing! My son wanted to eat Skittles for dinner last night and if my husband hadn't been there he would have.