Friday, October 30, 2009

...but I'm blogging!

All three of us are alive and well and in Pigsbird. The Goob is next to me, watching a DVD (Ice Age 3), and playing with stuffies. The husbeast is on an Epic Quest for a packie (specialized booze store). I am standing at the window sill, typing, because this is the only place we can get wi-fi until the cable people get here Sunday and hook us up.

Today was part one of buying all that pesky stuff you need to set up a house. Part two is... sometime this weekend. When we can feel our feet again.

I've had to build the kitchen pretty much from scratch, because all our stuff is in storage. As with so much else, it's kind of fun, and kind of a royal pain in the ass. The new kitchen is so small, I'm thinking of it as a chance to show off my efficiency skills. That's the spin I'm using to get through it, anyway.

Most of our stuff is in boxes, still. My feet hurt too much to do any spinning. My hands hurt to much to knit. Mostly I think I'm going to sleep the whole weekend.

But we're here, and all is well.

13 comments:

Baby nuke said...

Why am I not surprised that a sailor is on an epic quest for booze?

I knew a guy who after getting totally smashed at the dive bar, ended up kicking the officer of the deck in the balls and punched the master at arms in the neck.

He's still in. If you ask him why, he'll say that it's because he has no gag reflex.

bobbins said...

You are IN and that matters a lot. Take it easy and relax with the Goob and watch movies.

LOL for window WiFi...

walterknitty said...

Yea! You made it.

Alwen said...

Yay! You're alive!

I vividly remember when my parents moved into their current house. It was right around Thanksgiving. I was going to the local community college and had a massive term paper due. Moving and trying to type a term paper, bleh!

That and the narrow, tunnel-like slots between the stacks of boxes in the living room.

And eating dinner sitting on the floor using boxes as makeshift tables that first night in the new house.

Amy Lane said...

HUZZAH! You're there. You've been waiting for this for a year, and it's almost over. You're there. You will feel SO much better once you settle in. (uhm, spamword: coxidle --so. very. wrong.)

kate said...

The PA habit of liquor stores is such a pain in the rear, I can't even tell you. Welcome to Pennsylvania! :)

roxie said...

Yayyy! Move accomplished. Now the Herculean task of unpacking . . . I see Aegaen stables . . .

Hugs to the Goober, and may the cable set-up go smoothly!

Louiz said...

Glad you're in, hope the settling period goes well.

Emily said...

You made it! You made it! The worst is over! Hooray!

Now to be kind to those hurting feet & hands.....

ellen in indy said...

woo-HOO! hope you enjoy pigsbird. (i'll probably have trouble saying it the right way from now on.)

i moved/downsized in june, and still have crap in boxes, but i'm still very happy to have a "new" home.

here's hoping that your new home has the perfect spaces for your stashes of yarn, roving, patterns and books, plus a nook for your wheel.

Deana said...

Welcome to Pigsbird :)



(word of the day: Dingen. uhh...Pigsbirdese for 'dungeon'.)

Galad said...

Hope you got some rest this weekend. Glad you are safely in Pigsbird

Donna Lee said...

It made me laugh to think of you standing by the window bogarting someone's internets. I hope the cable people came and it was an easy installation.

And Pa liquor stores? There's a reason everyone in Phila drives across the bridge to NJ to buy booze.