Thursday, October 22, 2009

VK. I has it.

That's about all the news that's fit to print, today. I got hold of a copy of the holiday Vogue Knitting. Lots of nice stuff in it, almost none of it high fashion. (And I ask for the thousandth time, what in FUCK is the point of wearing a cardigan with a hood and SHORT SLEEVES?) Getting psyched for a review. Maybe tomorrow if everyone would leave me alone for ten seconds.

We're moving a week from today, we're having the last of the good weather for the year, and so I'm stuck chasing the Goob while she runs around people trying to pack things.

Missed yesterday's knitting quota (four rounds per day; that translates to over 1200 stitches). I don't have much hope for today's quota either. Hell with it. Once I get to Pigsbird I'm crawling under a rock. We'll be too broke to do anything, and I'm looking forward to it.

For now... I guess I go knit.

7 comments:

Donna Lee said...

I haven't seen the new VK yet. I stopped expecting any high fashion and don't get the short sleeved hooded sweater thing either. My kids wear them and I think they're weird. But then, I always thought my kids were weird.

Emily said...

I just saw the new VK today, & I thought, you know, this magazine is really just a thin excuse for lots of ads. And for selling yarn, of course. Now I wait for you to finish your move (which will, unhappily, eclipse all else, as moves do) & settle down to prepare us all another wonderfully entertaining review!

nestra said...

The short sleeve hoodie - I get them now that I live in the South and a full sweater is too hot but I refuse to give up my wool. I'm actually knitting one right now.

Amy Lane said...

I'm so rooting for your world to get all smoothed out again... I think you'll be a happier camper, and I can't wait to watch the Goob take Pigsbird preschool by storm!

Caroline said...

I have one of those short-sleeve hoodies! Admittedly, it's not knitted and I bought it for almost nothing at a sale because the colour is gorgeous, but I've worn it. It is a bit tricky to know when to wear it though, as it's slightly warmer than a t-shirt but it's impossible to put another (long-sleeve) hoodie over it in case it gets too chilly.

I still think they're cute though. :)

roxie said...

What a madly exciting time for the Goober! Best of luck with the move. Pigsbird is in my prayers. When you and the Goober arrive, the city won't know what hit it.

Mrs. E. Redner said...

You know, I bought this one...it was just interesting----diverse, if you will...humorous at times, but definitely worth looking at....