Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fiber content.

Other than knitting endless rounds of lice (I thought this would be the fun part, because I could read and knit at the same time - guess again), I've been spinning.

I finished another skein of the orangey merino:


The alpaca (from the videos) isn't quite done yet, but it's plied and off the bobbin and on to a niddy-noddy:


And now I'm up to something with the Dread Carbon Fiber. It's kind of pissing me off because I've got this spinning class coming up on the 24th and I'd like to take all the bobbins I've got. Which means getting everything on the bobbins done. That's not too hard, since I usually finish one spinning project at a time.


But this carbon fiber's been a pain in the ass to spin (think reeled silk, only more annoying). I need to spin 500 yards of it, then ply it with Something Else, by Saturday. The good news is, the finished project will be fun, and technically Art Yarn (I hate that term), and up for sale in my Etsy shop as soon as I get a PA business license. Not to mention I'll be rid of some more of this damn carbon fiber.


Otherwise, uh, Sekhmet, you fucker.

(Sorry for the blur, it was accidentally shot with the low-shutter-speed setting I use when photographing yarn. Not so good for action. Plus she knew better than to hang around when she saw me.)

7 comments:

Mandy said...

I know the carbon fiber is a pain, but it looks so pretty in the pictures! I like the orange merino, too. Very cheerful.

Amy Lane said...

Yeah--I'm just all over the alpaca and the merino myself! So pretty! (ROFLMAO! SPAMWORD: bints! Re: Your last post: "So some watery bint hands you a sword!!!"

Donna Lee said...

I like the way the carbon looks, too but I wouldn't want to spin it. I'm spinning some corriedale right now and it's not as soft as the merino but it's pretty. I'm going to try to ply it with some beads because I can. I'm not sure how well it'll work but I'm gonna try.

roxie said...

Oooooo, Love that citrus colored merino! You area better woman than I am. I would have used the carbon fiber for lightbulbs or given it away. You persevere!

Bells said...

that alpaca looks so evenly spun!

Roz said...

No one talked about Sekhmet??? That fuckah.... (Now that you're in the Northeast!)

Alwen said...

I wish I was fast enough on the camera to catch the sneaky black dog stealing bread crusts off the table! She is very very fast, and very very sneaky.

Verification word:
e x y math

Take that, Barbie!