Monday, April 09, 2007

I've lost my freakin' mind.

And I don't think I can blame the drugs.

Other than raising a kid, I've had a few things going on. You know, dyeing yarn, knitting, designing, writing the occasional article. So what do I do this morning?

I went into the craft store this morning to get black and white Fimo to make some buttons for my steeked jacket. (My thought on buttons is this: either you match them perfectly, or you make them stand out. No middle of the road.) After a half hour I find myself staggering out with $50 worth of polymer clay gear, including two 'collections' of colors of clay. What am I supposed to do with this stuff?

I'm thinking stitch markers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stitch markers! I'd love to see what you come up with. You could start an empire in the knitting supply business.

-Jennifer

Amy Lane said...

That would be SOOO cool... and coming out w/all that stuff sounds like something I would do...except then it would get tucked into our craft box of shame and collect dust.

Bells said...

When my sister was here on the weekend, I was showing her the stuff you sent me. She asked the usual stuff about who you were, what you do etc and commented that you must have a lot of free time. When I said you have a baby she wanted to know how the hell you found time for all the stuff you do AND took care of your baby.

So you just keep adding to the list of stuff to do, don't you???

Sheepish Annie said...

I've done fimo buttons and it is rather fun. (sadly the sweater that I made them for never worked out) I'll bet you come up with some really cute stitch markers!

NeedleTart said...

You come to my house and we'll play together. A few years back Fimo was supposed to be my summer project, but life intervened and I never got back to it. I have two large rubbermaid boxes full of supplies. Let's play!

Unknown said...

buttons, too . . .

Alwen said...

Not crazy - more likely a "Scanner," a la Barbara Sher's "Refuse to Choose".

And don't forget all the reading you've been doing, when you write that list.

Anonymous said...

Anyone with drugs must share... I can't wait to see what kind of stitch markers you come up with. I keep drooling over your yarn colors, but I'm holding out til payday!