Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sekhmet, you fucker.

Remember me saying, after I broke my hand and found out I'd be knitting for life as physical therapy, I decided to knit clothes? And my first proejct was EZ's Chainmail Sweater from Knitter's Almanac? Here it is.

Apparently the latest Baby/Cat plan for world dominion involves driving me insane as a first step (how long a drive is that?) The tag team action is, The Baby pushes everything off the back of the couch. Then Sekhmet comes along and nests in it.
If you look closely, you can see she passed up a perfectly nice blanket to lay on the crumpled handknit.

Rumor has it that the Spouse of a Beloved Reader wants to get a cat and name it You Fucker. When I told the husbeast, he laughed and laughed.

12 comments:

Bells said...

tee hee. I like the way those two think!

Maggie Tipping said...

My brother had a friend who named his cat "Chairman Meow"... I always thought that was pretty witty.

Bells said...

I really need to read things more slowly. Damn being at work and trying not to get caught on the net.

i sent this link to my husband because the Sekhmet posts are his favourite. he picked up the reference to him which I missed!

Now i'll have to deal with his big head, Julie, because he'll think he's famous! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I give you a chance against Sekhmet, but NONE against The Baby!

Anonymous said...

sekhmet shows excellent taste in bedding.

as for cat names, i've always wanted a feline who introduced himself as raoul (say it in your best cat voice) or a rescued-but-worse-for-wear one who merited the name clawed or clawedette.

and yes, a "mouse" can own a cat . . . if anyone can truly be said to own a cat.

-- a. nonnie mouse

Rae said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLLLLOOOLLOOLOLOLLOOLLOLLOLOOLLOLL

Amy Lane said...

Maybe preface that with the name of a loathed sports player or politician... I can imagine my husband calling our next cat "Kenny-Thomas-you-fucker".

Netter said...

Hubby would get a kick out of that. The fact that cats make it hard for him breathe means he hates them all! Too bad B and I like them.

NeedleTart said...

The Husband says the next cat we get (like Netter's hubby, I can't breathe or see around cats, yes, their fur affects my vision) will be named either Vinal, for self-maintaining or Dayo, just because it will be fun to call the beast. I wanted to name the last one Mousie Tounge because he was Siamese but was over-ruled.

Saren Johnson said...

You should be happy, the baby is learning teamwork.

debsnm said...

I think it's sweet, the way they've found a common goal - and I'm very sure it's a short drive!

Louiz said...

I used to know a cat called lunch. It was a very small kitten that grew, and grew, and grew. It's now the size of a small dog and is rather scary at times!