Monday, April 17, 2006

It's definitely Monday.

And I am having a major Stupid Moment.

I, the person who figures gauge out to two decimal places, who ties little strings all over a project to keep track of stuff, have just tried to knit The Wrap on the same needles with a different yarn AND BEEN SHOCKED when THE GAUGE WASN'T THE SAME. That's right. I changed yarns and expected it to knit up like it had before. Duh. That's the best I can do right now; duh. Having started this Wrap five times now, I may finally be facing the fact that although it's a square, I might still have to figure out what the freaking gauge is instead of knitting away and hoping for the best. Oy.

In other news, I bought five more colors for the Fassett sweater I'm doing in May (two shades of green, orange, yellow, and pink; it should be interesting, at the least). I also got yarn FOR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS. I am not joking about wanting the Christmas knitting done by the end of summer. (It's a marled alpaca to knit a couple scarves.)

No comments: