Saturday, April 01, 2006

April goals.

Since I can never quite knit fast enough, I will make a list. To keep track of everything I'm not doing.

Finish the Kid Kimono and the Tax Sweater. The finishing on the Kid Kimono has turned into a nightmare. Linen stitch is awful to sew up. I'm about to get out the sewing machine. The Tax Sweater is about a third done and it looks like I'll have enough yarn.

Knit the Thneed (still hoping that will take a day, or thereabouts. Because the world needs pink fuzzy sock/sweater things.

Georgina the Giraffe sweater. This is my yellow dealie for Project Spectrum, not to mention a sweater for the goober. Mind you, at the rate she's growing I have no idea what size she'll be wearing by next winter, so I'm guessing. ALWAYS insures a perfect fit.

Swatch for a Christmas present (can't give details, the person reads this).

Try to decide exactly how I'm going to knit the May/Green sweater for Project Spectrum. I know what I'm doing, kind of, just dithering between stranded and intarsia color. And deciding whether to order another five or six shades of green, yellow, orange, and pink. I'm thinking yes.

AND LET'S NOT FORGET TUROE!! I'm sifting through color cards, deciding which yarn to use. I've been eyeing Brown Sheep's Lamb's Pride Worsted, believe it or not. There are a lot of really nice heathered shades. And it would drive Alice Starmore berserk, which is in the plus column, due to my contrary personality. And it's affordable. Once I decide on a yarn, it may take a month or two to accumulate, depending on cost. And it's not getting knit until after the bulk of the Christmas presents are done. But... it progresses. Slowly.

In other news, I'm debating whether or not Wednesday's debilitating headache was maybe a migraine. I've had them all my life but thought they were sinus, but they hit for a day and disappear again. Hmm. I'm keeping track of them now. We'll see. Can't have anything interfere with my kitting.

Otherwise, um, happy April.


Oh- the Watery Llama Scarf was well-recieved by its new owner. Yay!

No comments: