Sunday, January 31, 2010

Brownies.

Sorta brain-dead this weekend, though I did get some plying/spinning done today. Mostly I've yelled at the cat, argued with the kid, and nearly punched someone in Ikea yesterday.

Today, the Goob and I made brownies. That cheered everyone up a good bit. We put her in the apron her grandma bought her for Christmas.

Then I let her stir everything around. With a little kid-sized wooden spoon. (That her grandma bought her for Christmas.)

And I let her finish out the day by licking the batter off the spoon.

Life is short. We should all live on brownies.


Otherwise, I want to add the herbs all of you guys commented on to the spice rack post, and continue tinkering with the sidebar. You know. Super-exciting stuff.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

I want a 4 year old to make brownies with. Too much fun.

Sounds like the perfect way to spend the day. I made chicken soup and Jell-O. Not nearly as much fun as brownies. I think I'll go eat a diet fudgesicle.

Amy Lane said...

Must know-- who said what to you in IKEA?

And brownies sound like a perfect weekend!

Anonymous said...

oh she looks fantastic! What fun.

roxie said...

The Ikea maze maddens most folks. I think there are people living in the odd corners of the store that haven't found their way out since Thanksgiving. Sorry you encountered one of them.

Licking the spoon and bowl is the child's perogative. My inner child KNOWS this is so!

Emily said...

Thank God for the little bonuses in life like the Goob.

Walden said...

I completely agree, we should all live on brownies.

Roz said...

I've felt that way in my local IKEA too. Something about all the MD people who bypass THEIR IKEA to hang out in mine...

Think I'll make brownies this weekend!

Donna Lee said...

Brownies are just about the perfect food. Add a glass of cold milk and it doesn't get any better than that.