Thursday, June 02, 2011

Still here!

I think the weird shutdown of the blog earlier this week was - ha - due to that hacking problem with China. Once I confirmed that I was me, and changed my password to something more secure, all has been well. It's so odd to me. I've got another e-mail account I use for The Really Serious Stuff, so if China needs to hack me to find links to LOL Cats e-mailed to my mother-in-law, well, I hope there's no problem with national security from me.

---

This week was kinda nuts. We all went to a family get-together on Monday for Memorial Day. We did kind of a pot luck. There were eleven kids and nine adults hanging around, and the kids ran wild, and the Goob got put in time out, so, you know. Traditional American holiday. I made cookies and cupcakes and took potato chips.

Then, the Goober went home with her grandparents, and I spent all day Tuesday reveling in the silence and NOT DOING ANYTHING. It was the best day ever. The Goober went to the zoo.

Wednesday she came home, and looked a little worn out. We sat down to watch Mythbusters, and...
She NEVER does that. But she did last night.

Then, today, I asked if she wanted to go outside with me. She said yes (of course) and raced out the door. By the time I got out on the back porch, there, in the porch swing...
Yeah.

We didn't do much today, either. Though I actually had to feed the kid and like that.

---

I'm sort of knitting! I've got a little done on my KAL sweater.
You can see the purl fold line; I've got the hem and about two inches of it done. My hands are bothering me, so it's going slow. You guys don't have to wait on me, though. Once a couple of you get to the arm pits, I'll talk you through the sleeves, which are next.

---

With the shifting of the sun, we're now getting bright light in the back windows in the afternoons and evenings, which is lovely.


Sekhmet digs it.

6 comments:

Terby said...

I measured my swatch, but haven't cast on a stitch. Ironically, my arm is bugging me currently, and you know I complain about being busy... Maybe this weekend?

Goobie is cute. Bet she's growing.

Alicyn said...

i have always loved the family gatherings where the kids outnumber the adults and they just let us run wild. :) time outs happen, but the fun is worth it. (also, never realized until i was older that the adults were varying levels of tipsy to drunk... and i thought they were just so excited to see each other!)

Donna Lee said...

Is the Goober having a growth spurt? That used to make my girls sleepy. She's getting so big, it's amazing to see.

I loved getting to have a day just to myself, they were so rare. Just last week, everyone was out of the house and I was ALONE! I sat in the chair and watched the world out the window. it was wonderful.

roxie said...

OH look at those long legs! She's no way a baby anymore. Family gatherings to wear her out - good plan.

How glorious to have a day to do nothing. And how glorious to have it be rare.

Galad said...

Glad you both had some down time to relax and rest :-)

Amy Lane said...

Sleepy kid-- I love it! (My 16 year old spent most of her 14th year like that-- she grew four inches.)