Friday, March 17, 2006

Well, beep.

I am falling behind on the knitting projects. (Gee. We never saw that coming.) I wanted to get the Kid Kimono and the scarf (tenatively named the Watery Llama scarf) done this week, and here it is Friday and I'm screwing with raglan decreasing and the scarf is still a couple balls of yarn in my knitting basket.

On the other hand, I did teach someone to knit this week, which should count for something.

Since this sweater is going to the child of Someone Who Reads This Blog (bless them every one), I hesitate to do a full rant on my idiocy in desigining this kimono, but suffice it to say, I am never, ever knitting anything in linen stitch again. I don't care how cool it looks or how uncurly it is. I think I am in some kind of vacation induced fugue state, because for some dumbass reason I don't seem able to put my finger on, I decided to do the RAGLAN DECREASING ON THE WRONG SIDE. Left-leaning purl decreases. Five. Every other row. I'm a damned moron. And it looks like crap, too, of course. And linen stitch is a bear to rip out, and I've already re-knit one row three times, andandand...

The husbeast has just arrived for the weekend and we're going shopping again (but not for yarn, and I NEED some yarn) and he got walkie-talkies for free (who knows how or why) that do the Nextel beepy noise that drives me absolutely batshit. (You should know it from the really obnoxious beepy noise commercials.)

Time to eat chocolate.

Beep.

2 comments:

kris said...

LOL, Julie, go ahead and rant. You do it so well. And then once the damned thing is finished and gorgeous, it'll just make you look that much more brilliant.

Unknown said...

Oooh, I despise that sound, too!